Church was awesome. We are so blessed with transparent brothers and sisters in Christ that truly love each other.
We came to the house to do a few required things and then left for some relaxing time at the pool. You know, what Sunday's are for.
Came home to eat another fast food supper because the gas stove isn't hooked up yet and quite frankly, we have no groceries ha.
Then... Like any other normal moment, I hear a ding on my phone. A new message. A NEW message. A friend asking how to accept Christ. How to change his life. How to follow through with baptism. The rest of my world stood still. I began to pray asking the Lord to guide me in my words. I'm ashamed to admit but I don't remember ever leading anyone to "salvation". I pray that my life leads them to Christ regularly although I know I fail miserable some days. In a matter of moments, his life was transformed. Truth is he had been seeking answers for a while. I believe the Lord already knew his heart and desire to be saved. I don't believe there are a magic set of words he must say but I did my best to make sure he believed what the bible said and expressed it in his own way to Christ. I believe that the weeks leading up to this moment had already prepared his heart. And this moment prepared mine for the future.
The house we built was literally built on the foundation of the word of God, who is Christ. For as long as Coit and I have talked about building a house, some 12 or so years, we've always desired that it be a place to show the love of Jesus. Our doors will always be open to love on His people. I don't think it's a coincidence that on day ONE in this house, my time was well spent leading someone to the saving grace of our Daddy. Thank you Lord for sparing his life long enough for him to accept you and thank you for choosing the perfect day in my life to remind me that this material house is not my home. It, along with everything else in life come second to YOU! I love you Lord!
Lastly, as we closed down the night, we attempted to watch Air Bud. As much as we want to be a movie night kinda family, Branson and I just can't stay focused on a movie. Soon we were all half asleep so to bed we go. Since the beginning of the construction, I said that I would get Branson to sleep in his own bed, in his own room when we got in the new house. Mainly because his room is closer to ours here than it ever has been. Ha. Sad I know. It was obvious that he was sad about it and you know, Momma's aren't going to let their kids be sad if they can help it. So much change, I couldn't force him to go to bed alone. I don't want him to resent this new blessing. So shortly after laying down with him, his arms and wrapped over me to insure I don't sneak out, I softly removed them and slid out of bed. I stood over him praying he slept peaceful and when he did wake up that he wouldn't be in fear while trying to find us in this new place. I began to walk out and much like my habits, I turned around to snap a picture. His fist night to sleep in his bed alone in the new house. I got laid down and went to post the picture on Facebook and much to my surprise, I see the picture and realize he's not alone. In the days proceeding, I've been heavy hearted as I packed. It's only been 20 months since we packed and moved from Tennessee. This time as I packed Branson has new toys, new clothes, new junk. But sadly Bryson's stuff remains the same. There's nothing new to pack for him. My mom begins to wander will really be like with two boys. What what it be like on this heel with two boys running up and down it playing. I have learned to divert my mind because I learned long ago that Bryson was never meant for this stage in our life. But the Lord knew I needed something to realize that he still with us. On day one, sweet Bryson showed up in my last picture of the day. We love and miss you Bryson. Thank you for showing us your presence in the midst of our crazy life. See you soon buddy!
Thank you Lord for your unconditional love, your selfless sacrifice, my family, this home and thank you for reminding me on day ONE to always keep first things FIRST!








No comments:
Post a Comment