After almost a year of trying to make such a big decision as designing our son's headstone, it's finally done. We got a call a few weeks ago that it would be in around the time of the Branson's due date and I was so heart broken. As some of you know, we live about 5 hours from where we buried Bryson (in my home town, which we plan to move back to someday) and from the sounds of it, there was no way I would be able to travel to be there for the installation. I had lined up some people to video it so that I could see it as soon as possible. After my OB bouncing back and forth on dates to induce Branson's birth, we got a call that the headstone was in and would be installed in a few days, which was the day of my next doctors appointment (37 weeks) and NST. I immediately got on the phone to see if my doctor thought it would be ok for us to travel to be there. Thankfully, with many instructions on taking care of myself and him, he changed our appointment and said it was fine to us to go. It made it a little easier knowing that my doctor would be out of town the same weekend so if I did have Branson in Mississippi, it wouldn't be alot different than having him here. (different doctor, etc) So we hit the road after work Wednesday night and thank God that we were able to be there for the installation. It was alot more emotional than I had assumed but we regained composure pretty well. God also allowed us to bring my sweet momma home with us for the birth and 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, however long we can get her to stay here. :-) Here are a few pictures of Bryson's headstone. I hope he likes it. Special thanks to Shasta for being there on such a short notice to take pictures.








The front etching (picture) is a replica of this picture.
We are hoping that the left side, from water that wasn't dry (the dark spot), will settle and balance out so that
doesn't happen every time it rains. If it don't, we'll have them come back out and re level it.
beautiful headstone for your baby boy
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful, ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteI love his headstone. It is so, so beautiful and you guys did a wonderful job designing it. I'm glad you were able to be there to see it.
ReplyDeleteIts amazing.
ReplyDeleteThe headstone is beautiful! I am sure Bryson loves it!
ReplyDelete