Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 in pictures

Ok so I couldn't find pictures for all the happenings that I felt were important, but I gave it all I had.  Some I will continue to look for, others, I know I don't have. As you'll see, 2009 was a year of alot of losses. It's even more apparent when I listed them all together. If I left something out, please don't hesitate to let me know.


January 


Coit and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. 

Took Bobbie Joe bowling. (He's an above knee amputee patient of ours. He hadn't been bowling since he was a child and he's in his late 40's now.) So much fun watching him enjoy it so much.



Went to Mississippi.

February 



 

March 

Nathan celebrated his first birthday.











We went to Mississippi to celebrate Nathan's birthday.
 

Keshia went to live with Jesus.  




Went to Mississippi for Mom's birthday.  
 



Found out that we were pregnant with Bryson.



 April 


We had our first ultrasound.




We went to Mississippi, 2 weekends in  a row.

Curtis Lee May passed away. 

Went to Georgia to visit with my brother and his family.

Swine flu outbreak. (Thankfully we weren't affected, or infected )



 



May


My niece, Camrin was born. 



 

We went to Mississippi, enjoyed fishing.








Amanda & Cody got married. 


 


June


Coit and I took our first (and probably last, I'm done flying) trip to Phoenix, AZ.




Coit  got his first Father's Day gift from Bryson. 







 



July 


Gina Burns went to live with Jesus. 



Anna Todd went to live with Jesus. 





Stephanie Howell went to live with Jesus.







August 

Coit finished painting and laying the floor for Bryson's room


.
 


My grandfather went to live with Jesus.




Our son, Bryson Cole was born.



And 13 short days later, he went to live with Jesus. 



My Uncle Ed went to live with Jesus.




September
I guess we just grieved all month. I can't find anything significant to post. Let me know if I'm overlooking something.

October
Same for October. Blah. I'm sure we went to MS but can't find any pictures.

November

Celebrated my 32nd birthday in Pigeon Forge, TN.



Had our first Thanksgiving without our Bryson.

 

We decorated Bryson's grave for Christmas.




December 

My laptop crashed, hence the reason I don't have all the pictures for this blog. 


Found out that Bryson is going to be a big brother.




Bryson spent his first Christmas with Jesus.



We told our families about the pregnancy with letters from Bryson.





We lost alot in 2009, but we gained alot too. We not only gained the ability to be named Bryson's mommy & daddy, but we learned to trust God no matter how dim life seems. The changing on the year is bitter sweet. We're looking forward to what God has in store for 2010 while reflecting on who's He's made us to be through 2009's trials.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. You certainly faced allot of passing in 2009 but none as tragic as your sweet Bryson. Congratulations to you on your second child. I love the way you did Bryson's room. May 2010 bring you many blessings. Praying for your comfort and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, It makes my heart so full when I read your post and realize that the little Wendy Burkes that grew up in our church family has grown to be such a wonderful Christian. I know this past year was hard and your heart will hurt for a long time but always know His strength can not only get us thru things but it can sustain us forever. Pete and I have prayed many times for you this past year and know that we will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. All our love...Donna & Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly faced a lot of tragedy in 2009. I hope 2010 brings you many blessings. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been one heck of a year. :( But, lots of good came from it too. I've matured, and grown, and learned so much. I miss Bryson so much, but I'm thankful also that he's with Jesus. I hate that I wasn't here at all in 2009. I missed out on so much that I should've been here for. I feel like I'm not part of the family, but I know I am... I don't want you to feel bad, or anything. Me going to Florida was a mistake, but one I learned from regardless. I missed out on so much that I should've been here for, and it breaks my heart that I'm no where in yall's life this past year. I suppose the important thing now is that I'm here NOW, and I have a new sister/brother(HOPEFULLY) coming along, and I can't wait to be a part of this. :D I'm excited about, just as excited as I was with Bryson. :) I love you, Wendy, and Daddy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for all of your losses in 2009 especially Bryson. Congratulations on the new little bean! I would love to follow your journey towards your rainbow baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy you are one amazing person and i am glad i met you so glad you are a strong woman and baby bryson is going to be a big brother that is wonderful My prayers and thoughts are with you as you start a new chapter in your life they just keep opening up one door closes one opens keep the faith in god and stay strong
    Love Renee Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog. Your son Bryson is precious. I am so sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful video of him also. 2009 was a tough year for you and me both. I hope that this year brings many blessings and joy. Hugs and Congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete