Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby Sunshine

Because Bryson still is - and always will seem to me - a baby, I had to come up with a name to call the new blessing God has given in my womb. I've debated on several names, but Sunshine always won. Moonlight was pretty close but I just couldn't stick with that one.

Loosing our first child together, our son, our miracle, our hopes, our dreams made life so dark. Each morning was a tough phase, to face another day without him. They still are. But God has given us some light. Something to look forward to. No child, nobody, nothing will ever replace our Bryson or our love for him. We miss him terribly. I sit in his room, just thinking of what he would have been like at 5 months, which he would be tomorrow. Those things, I'll never know - but I do know that someday I will see him again, I will hold him again, I will hear him say "Momma".
But until then, I needed hope. I needed a future. I needed some sunshine in my darkness.
God giveth, He taketh, and He will restore. 

Our baby Sunshine at 8w5d. Notice that he/she is due on Bryson's birthday. Although I'm not ready to share that day, only God could orchestrate something like that.




7 comments:

  1. Congrats Wendy! So very very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Wendy!!! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine is a gift from God and what a beautiful thought that this little one is expected on Bryson's birthday! It's like he's giving you a gift to tell you that he's okay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just visiting your blog from Shoulders... congrats on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Wendy! I'm always excited to hear of moms pregnant with their rainbow babies!! Glad we're on this together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to come up with a witty nickname for this baby. I'll think on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, Wendy. Now I feel like an idiot! I have the memory of a goldfish, I promise. Anyway, I am so SO excited for you !!!

    ReplyDelete