Monday, November 2, 2009

Thank you Jesus

Our Halloween weekend was spent in Mississippi with some much needed love and time with my family. It was a busy weekend and as always, it flew by.

We praise God for allowing us to make the last payment on our land, our little piece of the world, in Ringgold, MS. That was an awesome feeling!

We were also finally able to place the order for Bryson's headstone. Very overwhelming 2.. well maybe 3 hours but we are so thankful for Tony Wolf and the patience God gave him with us. Being the last thing we can buy for Bryson, we had a love / hate relationship with this process. We're hoping it will be in by Christmas.

We were able to put up a wind chime at Bryson's grave. A huge thanks to Shannon for finding the shepard's hook for us. This is not the chime we left on it, as it is too long. We put a shorter one on for right now. It's got chimes hanging from a wooden block. (kids building block - you know, with the letter on it)




We finally planted the Chinese Snowball tree in memory of Bryson. It was given to us by his cousins - Hunter, Rylee, Kaiden and Camrin. I can't wait to watch it grow! (say a prayer for it :-) )





Mom had picked up the video of Bryson's funeral for us so last night, I stayed up to watch it. Coit and I grieve so differently, and honestly, it is so hard! I was ready to watch it, he wasn't. Anyway, as expected, I spent a good hour wiping tears and snot.. you know, one of THOSE kind of crying spells. Don't feel bad for me, it does a girl good. It's amazing what a GOOD cry does for me. Not just the ones when I choke back the  tears, when something simple reminds me of my loss, when someone asks me how I'm doing and I shed some tears but one of those soaking wet t-shirts, heart breaking but God praising cries. I couldn't help but cry from not only pain but from thankfulness!
Watching that video reminding me of how God has blessed me. Yes I've walked some rough roads but God has blessed me so much more than I deserve! Being reminded of the people in my life that love me had me completely broken. To the family and friends that came and showed their love to us, we will be forever grateful! For the many people who stepped up and did whatever we asked, thank you!  To those who set their own grief aside to help with Bryson's services, you are such a blessing! Hearing the word that God laid on Pastor Lott's heart for all of us was so encouraging, all over again! I wish I could post it on here for you all to hear. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to do that. Seeing Kaiden (my 3 yr old niece) walk in, unexpected, with my brothers, carrying Bryson in the casket, wow what a tear jerker! Hearing the songs, the poem, the message, seeing the casket, the grave site message, the LOVE, the love of God, the Love of God's people, my family, my friends.... THANK YOU JESUS! Ask me how such a hard cry last night could turn today into such a light hearted day, a peaceful day, a day I could smile..... and I'll answer you with... JESUS! His peace passes all understanding. He brought us to this moment for a reason. Although we don't fully understand, and it hurts, I thank Him! And I thank you all for being there, at both services. For those of you who couldn't be there but prayed for us, you are part of the reason we made it through it, thank you! Thank you Mr. George and Mr. Tom for filming the services, at a moments notice!  I honestly feel guilty that I can't "do enough" to show my gratitude to everyone, but I know that you all have crowns in heaven for your sacrifice and that's SO much better than anything I could ever do to show my appreciation. You are loved!





No comments:

Post a Comment