Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful even during tough times




My son is with Jesus.
My heart hurts!
My tears flow.
My Jesus is GREAT!

I have so much to be thankful for. When tragedy hits, you realize who really loves you, who really cares. I am so thankful that during our tragedy, and continued journey, abundant love has been poured out to us. God has showed us blessing after blessing through His people. I feel so inadequate, so unworthy. How can I really show people how thankful I am for them? I have so many people and things to be thankful for.

My angel Bryson, my husband, my step daughters, my parents, my brothers, my sister in laws, my nephew, my nieces, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my friends, my coworkers, my pastor(s), my church families, my blogger friends and angel mommies, the warmth of a home, a great job, dependable transportation, invaluable pictures of Bryson, videos on Bryson, being financially stable, food on the table, my bible, my health, being married to a man that has a wonderful extended family, shoulders to cry on, my favorite table cloth making angel, the angels I met in Hobby Lobby,  hearing the voice of God, facebook, the military, our freedom.. , oh the list could go on, literally, forever.. but most importantly, I'm thankful for Jesus, His sacrifice and the salvation He gave me. Without Him, I would be nothing.

I left work a little early yesterday and went to hobby lobby. I've having a hard time finding the perfect stocking for Bryson. I didn't find it there either but let me tell you, I could spend all day in that store. I love it! I purchased some things to decorate his grave for Christmas. As mentioned above, I met a couple of angels in Hobby Lobby today. I love how God uses strangers to remind me that he cares. It was a sweet few minutes on the ornament isle. I am thankful for those few minutes.
Stopped by Wal-Mart, and btw, what was I thinking... Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving eve??? Craziness! And I would almost bet I saw Kevin Skinner there too.... you know, from American Idol?

Anyway, on my drive home, tears just overcame me. Yes, I am facing my first thanksgiving without my baby. Part of me don't want to face it, but the other part of me knows I owe too much thanks to God. I can't just hide away in the bed as bad as I want to. I have to go out and tell others how the peace of God really does pass all understanding! How His blessings flow abundantly. How His love is more fulfilling than anything on this earth!

My life has changed. I will never be the same person. My thoughts, my actions, my words are now all
"post loss". I will never see life the same as I did. In a large way, I am thankful for that. Minor issues in life are just that, minor. Choose your battles. Many aren't worth the fight.  Love the people who are in your life right now. They could be snatched away so fast. Never take people for granted. Thank them often, express your love to them often, hug them often, try to never judge then - their actions or their intentions, be thankful for them. Tell them about Jesus!

I am thankful for each of you who are reading this. I'm thankful for those who reach out to comfort me with something as simple as a comment or email , up to the shoulders I've been allowed to cry on. Those who realize that we still hurt even when it looks like we're having a great day. Those who understand that our future will not change our past. You are all more precious that silver or gold and I thank you!

Be thankful! Be thankful most of all to God... from whom all blessings flow! I pray that you all have a wonderful, safe, Jesus filled Thanksgiving!


4 comments:

  1. I don't think any of us will ever be the same person. What a beautiful picture of Bryson!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautifully written...I can't imagine what you are going through. I would be lost without my little girl. I am so thankful for her and every blessing God has given to me. I will continue to pray for you and your family. I know it's going to be hard for you for a very long time. Just remember your sweet little angel will always be safe with Jesus. I'm sure Little Bryson will always watch over you and your family. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination Wendy! I was not even aware there was such a thing like the Shoulders site. Thanks! Blessings to you and your family this holiday season!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete