Thursday, December 3, 2009

Walking with you... Remembering at Christmas


A big thanks to Kelly at Sufficient Grace for starting Walking with You. It helps to see what other angel mommies are doing to get through this very tough season.

This is our first Christmas without out beautiful baby boy. We lost him three months ago. Due to an infection in my placenta, he was born 4 months early and his organs just weren't developed enough to sustain life. He lived on earth for 13 days before going to live with Jesus. Today was his due date.

I've always loved Christmas time. Like many, it's my favorite time of the year. This year, the scares are raw.
With plans to move to Mississippi, our home is cluttered. We don't have room for a Christmas tree this year, or maybe that's an excuse. We really don't but any other year, I would make it happen. We don't plan to be here Christmas morning.... another excuse. We buried him in MS so we'll be there to visit his grave. Although we aren't decorating the house this year, we did put some decorations on the grave. I'll post pictures below. Honestly, I enjoyed this, as much as I could. Doing something for him brings joy.
Also, I've looked high and low for a stocking for him but can't seem to find what I have in mind. I purchased some material and a precious friend is going to make one for him. I'm excited about it.

During such difficult times, God's word and promises are the only comfort I have, and He is all I need.

Isaiah 65:17, 20 "For I will create new heavens and a new earth. No longer will there be in it an infant that lives but a few days."


Jeremiah 29: 11-12 "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." 


Ecclesiastes 9:4 "Anyone who is among the living has hope." 

Now for some pictures

















































































4 comments:

  1. Wendy, I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing, especially the pictures of the decorations for Bryson. His special stocking will be something you treasure always. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the pictures of how you decorated for your precious Bryson. I saw that today was your due date and I just had to let you know I am thinking of you. My due date was Thanksgiving Day and my daughter was born to Heaven on 9/2/09. This road has been a difficult one to walk, but I know our God is faithful and with Him, we can remember our babies with Joy!

    Hugs and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy...thank you for sharing your sweet Bryson with us. I am so sorry for the fresh scars and raw pain of losing him. We are praying for you, especially during this holiday season...for God's continued comfort, peace and grace for every step of this journey. I love the way that you decorated his grave...just beautiful. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

    Praying for your family,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the decorations at Bryson's grave. That wreath of roses is beautiful!!! With moving and not being there on Christmas it makes sense not to put up decorations. I think you put them up where it matters most.

    ReplyDelete