Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tears, laughs and stickers...

Today has been a pretty good day, despite a patient asking me how the baby is doing. Of course, I choked up but I also felt terrible for her. It's the fourth time it's happened and I end up consoling them because I know they feel awful for asking. I look forward to the day I can just pull out pictures and say "Here look how precious he was".


I did get a good laugh a few minutes ago. We had a patient here from Louisiana to receive a new prosthesis. He is one of the nicest guys you could meet. He was getting ready to leave to go back home today and he came in my office and laid a gift card on my desk. He stated that since he wouldn't see me before Christmas, he wanted me to have this gift. It was in one of the small gift card envelopes and had "$25.00" wrote on it. How sweet!! After he left, Jeff, the prosthestist who fit his new leg, came in my office and told me that he had given him a card also. I opened it to see where it was from and found it strange that it was a Wal-Mart card with a Christmas ball on it. Do they already have Christmas stuff out?? Not really surprising I guess. Anyway, after I got home this afternoon, Jeff called me and said "Don't try to use that gift card." Why, I asked? He says, "Because it don't have any money on it." He proceeds to tell me he had went to get gas and asked the balance of it before he pumped... just to be sure. I'm not sure if he really did or he hated to tell me he looked silly after he finished pumping and didn't have any money on the card. Anyway, he said he called the toll free number on the back and sure enough, it had a $0 balance. Strange that it was funny to me but it was. Of course, I called to check mine and ....... sure enough... $0 balance. We aren't sure if he did it as a joke or he really lost his money being nice to us. After the week we've had, what in the world would make us think someone would really give us a working gift card. Hilarious .... I think the laugh was more valuable to me that the $25 would have been. For my humor only, and so that I can laugh in the months ahead when I read back over this, I have attached a picture.





The In Memory Stickers that I spent weeks trying to design and order have arrived. YAY! They actually arrived last week but we just got around to putting them on. I think they turned out really good.






Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, I totally love, love and love some more the Memory Sticker. Carlos and I are still praying for you guys. We love you!!! Oh by the way...the gift card is a hoot :)

    Love,
    Tammy & Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol wow. How awkward. Will you be seeing this guy again? I LOVE your sticker. Where did you order it from?

    ReplyDelete